Just got back from the Unleash conference at NewSpring Church in Anderson, SC
Spent a couple of days on the road with some of my best friends and I got to reconnect with many others.Â I got to hear some challenging speaking from Perry Noble, glean lots of information from NewSpring’s great staff and volunteers, and even discover a little bit about myself.Â Here are the highlights:
- The Worship: It was exactly the way I like it… Loud!Â There were some lyrics however that rocked me.
How He Loves – He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
Freedom is Here – So take the limits off
No matter what the cost
I’m running after Your call
And I will run this race
See You face to face
So let Your power overflow
- Perry Noble – Here’s some stuff he said: Many times God takes leaders to a cliff and tells them to jump. If we donâ€™t jump another generation will.
- God will test you financially. If you are following God you will always have your back up against the wall financially.
- Everyone loves the idea of progress, but they have a problem with the sacrifice requirements.
- The church has to be comfortable with the lost (coming to our church) and acting like they’re lost.
- Missional is a buzz word that will not be around in 5 years, if you are the church, you should be Missional.
- No man is the most powerful person in your churchâ€¦.Jesus is the most powerful person in the church
- If you can fully explain whatâ€™s happening in your church, Jesus probably is not involved.
- The best thing a church can do is make sure their pastor is healthy.
- If God is using us, its because we were barren, and God changed our lives, we did nothing ourselves.
- The Bible calls those who do not work, lazy; It calls the one who will not rest, disobedient.
- Pastor, your marriage is the most important marriage in the church. Itâ€™s got to remain strong.
- Listen to your coaches, not your critics.
- Your leaders will have a solution, your robots will wait until they are told what to do. Pastor, make sure your leaders are resourced, and get out of their way.
- Keep short accounts – Donâ€™t be bitter at people.
- The guys – I got to spend my time with Paul Castelli and Brad Klausman… Two of the most important men in my life and it was a blessing beyond reason!Â These guys keep my head on straight and they remind me of whoÂ I really am.Â As hard as I believe ministry has made me, they keep reminding me that I am a sensitive guy who lives by his heart, and as long as that heart is captured by Jesus then I’m in good shape…
I had a blast at Unleash… can’t wait to see what’s coming next.