What an unbelievable weekend and what an incredible way to kick off this new season at Crosspoint!
- I was sick at the start of the weekend but I wasn’t going to let that keep me from all of the blessings that God had in store for me over the next few days.
- On Friday I got to spend some much needed “hang-time” with Paul & Brad. Little known fact: not only do I work with these guys, but they are also my friends. A few hours of “fun time” spent with them is work way more than a work week spend “around” them. Truly a gift and a blessing.
- Tina’s car finally got the a/c fixed! And it didn’t cost as much as I thought it would… Double Awesome.
- Saturday was an incredible day of Vision and Leadership! All of the Small Group Facilitators were invited to take part in a special leadership training in preparation for the next semester of small groups.
- I was blown away by the job that Beth Smith did with the room, I was excited for days leading up to this thanks to the work she did!
- Pastor Brad pulled together an All Star line-up for the training (of which I got to participate and lead in). I got to share the new initiatives we had in place for Outreach & Service in the Fall of ’09 and Small Groups will be a BIG chunk of it!
- (By the way, I had a killer breakfast date with my wife. I can’t get enough of her.)
- SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!
- Once again God blew the doors off the place and graced us with an all time high of 539 worshiping on Sunday!
- Small Group sign-ups are skyrocketing and I will guarantee we will have a sell-out crowd for small groups. (Don’t worry we have some extras waiting in the wings.)
- We closed out an incredible series entitled “The Call”… It was all about Matthew 16:24 and what it means to take up your cross and follow Jesus. Download the messages straight from iTunes… click here
- My favorite line: We need your seat. (and we do… in fact we’ll need 100 more seats!) You’ll find out how you can help soon!
- The blessings just kept coming, I was surrounded by an awesome group of ladies after church. They are our Volunteer Coordinators. (It’s not a requirement to be a woman, I just think these are the most organized!)
- We talked about some great volunteer initiatives that we’ll be rolling out in the fall of ’09. We talked vision. And best of all, we talked about what God is doing in their lives. I was blown away.
- OH! and best of all, 3 people began their relationship with Jesus… it’s all worth it for that!
What a ride!